"April, 2008, the first time I travelled outside my country, the first time to leave my land, the first time I entered a different country - a country fall of culture, full of happiness, full of dreams.. Little did I know, this country has changed my life, changed the way I view things & changed the type of person who I am today.. Thank you Indonesia"

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Introduction


Well, my first post.. Finally I've made a blog!

Now that I have, I can write about all the things on my mind and maybe explain some things about bule culture to Indonesians..

I have travelled to Indonesia many times, and I've learnt a lot about the rich culture - mainly about the relationship between Bule and Indonesians. It really interests me a lot, and since I am Australian, I am lucky enough to understand both countries & both cultures very well.

Also, I have learnt about the language (Bahasa Indonesia), and I believe that speaking the local language to Indonesians really can earn trust and allows you to have a real understanding of the culture & people. I believe it's much better speaking it yourself instead of using a translator.

So, throughout this blog I will be writing my opinion about anything to do with these countries and the culture, both good and bad things.

Topics including:
  • Relationship between Australia & Indonesia
  • Religious Culture in Australia & Indonesia
  • Relationships between the people of Australia & Indonesia
  • Leisure & tourist activities in Indonesia
  • "Bule in Bali"
  • Indonesia's 'underground' culture
  • Australia's opinion on Islam Religion
  • Tips on how to find friendly bule friends/girlfriends/boyfriends
  • Any a lot more other things!
So, I look forward to writing about all these topics in the future, and thank you if you will read my blog :)

P.S: For non-Indonesians "Bule = Westerner"



- Joshua Schmidt

0 comments:

Post a Comment